So, let's break it down, one step at a time.
What good thing did you do for yourself today? Eat a handful of blueberries instead of chips? Walk/Run the dogs instead of just letting them out for a minute? Put in the workout video instead of the movie you wanted to see?
Every minute of every day allows us to make a good choice or just cop out. If I make one good choice every day, it's still not enough. I need to make a couple of them every day.
I'm working on taking that up to six good choices a day. Six little steps to good health and mindful living. It shouldn't be that hard.
Six little steps that make a big difference in our lives:
- Drink more water than I want to. If we drink half our body weight in ounces, we are on the way to better health.
- Work out 30 minutes EVERY day. This doesn't have to be that hard. Of course I love my 10 minute workouts, but instead of doing three of those every day, I'd rather get my workout done in 30 minutes and be ahead of the game. I love Jackie Warner's 30 minute video and Jillian Michaels' 30 minute workouts. These women are my heros.
- Play! If I want to do something different, I go to a zumba or yoga class just to keep it all a little more interesting. And when I want wind in my hair, I get on my bike and ride a couple of miles. None of this should be that hard, we should WANT to do this every day, but we get lazy.
- Juice every day. Juice whatever you have in the fridge that's fresh, like spinach, kale, apples, strawberries, oranges, watercress, broccoli sprouts, brussel sprouts, etc...as long as they're organic, go for it.
- Breathe, dammit, breathe! Like when you get up in the morning and do a few stretches, this is your time to be greedy...get your oxygen!
- Be thankful, allow good thoughts to permeate your being, no matter where or what you're doing.