This adorable dessert is heart-shaped and covered in chocolate. What more do you need for Valentine's Day?
To make the chocolate-covered ice cream hearts, you'll need a nice sized (3-inch) heart-shaped cookie cutter. Sometimes these can be found in antique stores or in family kitchens. If you don't have one, now's the time to beg, borrow or find one.
The Chocolate-covered ice cream hearts are spectacular at the end of a romantic dinner.
Chocolate-Covered Ice Cream Hearts
- 2 slices (3/4 inches thick) of strawberry ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 container of Hershey's chocolate shell coating
- 1 tube of gel or decorative icing
- heart-shaped candies (with appropriate messages)
- fresh strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, or your personal favorite
- Line a plastic rectangular tub with wax paper. Cut out two hearts (with 3-inch large heart cookie cutters) and place on wax paper. Cover with plastic lid and freeze.
- When ready to serve, place ice cream hearts on dessert plates, cover with chocolate shell coating. Let the coating harden and then decorate with icing, gel and candies.
- Slice fresh strawberries (or personal favorite fruit), arrange on plate.