Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Daily Juice

What I really like about juicing every day (yeah, it's not the clean up) is learning about new veggies to add to my loyal group of healthy foods. This week I've been juicing kale, spinach, apple, orange, carrot and a beet. And then came watercress.


I've never been properly introduced to watercress so I went on an exploratory expedition to find out the skinny on this 'super leaf' and what I found was quite impressive.


Watercress is an excellent source of vitamins A, C & K and a good source of calcium. In fact, what I learned about this powerful little leaf made me a loyal fan. With more vitamin C than an orange and more calcium than whole milk, watercress is more like a multi vitamin.


Are You Eating Enough Fruits and Veggies?


It's difficult to eat enough of the right things on a daily basis but if you add juicing to your daily regimen, you've just added some important vitamins that your body can absorb almost immediately. Some things are that simple. And if you think it's too complicated, check out Dr. Mercola's Benefits of Juicing.


So, no one's telling you to change your whole diet or to suddenly eat all raw foods. Just juice. And buy organic veggies and fruits. We'll talk about that another day. 


2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh! Carrots and beets are my favorite. Today we bought kiwi, melon, pears, grapes, star fruit, fennel and turnip - they say you can't get blood from a turnip but I think juice might be tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be aware of the star fruit (Carambola) if you serve it to anyone who suffers from kidney stones, kidney failure or someone on dialysis. There have been some fatalities from eating this fruit.

    I'm wondering how that turnip tasted or if it had any taste at all in your juice.

    ReplyDelete