Sunday, February 26, 2012

Music I like Today

Lindsey Stirling in her "Crystallize" video
Sometimes you discover a song you love and other times it's the whole kit and kaboodle; the dancing, the music, the look and feel of the video.


This is what I like about today - Listen to Lindsey Stirling on the violin and watch her move to her own music in an icy wonderland. If you've never seen anyone dance while playing the violin, you really need to sit still for a few minutes and watch her.


I was surprised to discover she is an American. I thought the video had an Icelandic feel to it, but it was filmed in Colorado as she explains at the end of the video.


Another one of her songs I love is called Shadows. Her style is unique and vibrant. So refreshing after years of hearing heavy metal (my sons' music choice at one time) or rap, or the Japanese Pop my daughter plays and sings.


I hope she sticks around for a while, I'd like to hear more!

No comments:

Post a Comment